By registering for the 2017 IABSE Symposium or participating in any activities associated with the 2017 IABSE Symposium, participants agree to Terms and Conditions outlined below and on the Registration form:
Registration and Participation
- Participants agree that all transactions will occur in Canadian Dollars.
- All registrants should be prepared to show valid government issued identification to pick up their Symposium materials
- All delegates agree that the Organizing Committee of the 2017 IABSE Symposium can confirm membership status with the Organization identified during registration. If valid membership status cannot be verified, the participant agrees that the Organizing Committee can contact the participant for collection of any adjusted registration fees or cancel the registration of the participant if the adjusted fee is not received by September 1, 2017. The $200 CAD cancellation fee will also be applied.
- A refund less a $200.00 CAD service fee is applicable on all written cancellation requests received on or before September 1, 2017
- No refunds will be issued after September 1, 2017
- All presenting authors must be registered as a Symposium Delegate. Those not registered by May 15, 2017 or who cancel their registration after this date will have their papers removed from Proceedings and the Symposium schedule and their assigned presentation will be reassigned at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
- All participants understand that the Organizing Committee of the 2017 IABSE Symposium and SEABC may elect to cancel any of the Technical Tours or Pre-Conference Workshops if an insufficient number of registrations are received by a published date. While a full refund of the Tour or Workshop fee will be provided for cancelled Tours or Workshops, the participants agree that no compensation will be provided for any other charges that are incurred by the participant including but not limited to fees from travel providers such as airline or hotel change fees.
Privacy and Contact Information
- All registered delegates agree to have their contact information shared with IABSE, Supporting Organizations, Exhibitors and Sponsors for any purpose and in a manner consistent with all applicable Canadian legislation.
- All registered delegates agree to have their names, company and country shared with all other Delegates attending the Symposium for any purpose and in a manner consistent with all applicable Canadian legislation.
- All participants grant to International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE) and Structural Engineers Association of British Columbia (SEABC), their representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with the above-identified subject. Participants authorize International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE) and Structural Engineers Association of British Columbia (SEABC), its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. Participants agree that International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE) and Structural Engineers Association of British Columbia (SEABC) may use such photographs of the particcipant with or without the participant's name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.